Australian Government starter website template
Quickly build and launch a new website using the Australian Government design system.
A website starter template that makes it quick and easy to set up a new website using Australian Government Design System in Squiz Matrix.
The template can be imported directly into Squiz Matrix saving you time getting started. The template also includes a pre-set asset configuration and structure in the backend, using a layout and config that is consistent with Squiz best practices.
Simply download the template file, import it to your Squiz Matrix CMS, apply URLs, and you are ready to go.
The site implementation is based on the Design system starter kit, which is produced by the Digital Transformation Agency, and and includes all components from the design system's component library. Once imported into Squiz Matrix, you can extend the site implementation with further features and design customisations.
- Pre-implemented Squiz Matrix site template using Squiz best practices.
- CSS files that include the full Australian Government design system component library.
- Squiz Matrix content template for the Accordion component.
- Default form styling for Squiz Matrix forms that match the design system.
- Page layout controls for editors to control the visibility of the breadcrumb, heading and side column.
- Pre-filled robots.txt file.
- Click the “Download” button to download the template file to your computer.
- In the Matrix Administration interface, select the “Import Assets From XML” tool.
- Click on the file browse button for the “Import XML File“ field and find your downloaded template file.
- Select a location in your Asset Tree to upload the site template under (optional).
- Click the “Import” button to start the import process.
- Once the import process has finished, the assets will have been created in your system and are ready for use. You will then need to apply a URL to any Site assets that were created by the import process.
Once a URL has been applied to all Site assets, you can preview the site and start adding content.
For more information on how to use, configure, and extend website template implementations, please visit the Squiz Matrix Manuals.